The Durbar Hall, often called King's Audience, facing north, is the largest of
the structures in the Durbar Area. Built on a high platform, with a flight of
steps to reach it, this once gorgeously decorated hall was burnt down by the enemies
in 1565 A.D. All that now remains of this hall is the large basement of about
40 square meters. It was a 100-pillared hall, with 10 rows of wooden pillars,
each row containing 10 pillars. This can be made out from the remains of the pillar
sockets or peg holes. On the west end of the basement is seen a stone staircase
which seems to be a later addition.
Outside this hall, to the east, can be seen a monolithic stone trough, about
12.5 meters long, in which water was stored. This was obviously meant for the
use of the horses of the nobles who came to attend the Durbar.